Do not delay in making VISA arrangements for entry into the United States if needed. Such arrangements are the responsibility of attendees and other participants and may take up to a few months.
HOW TO OBTAIN A VISA
Complete information on how to apply for a VISA to enter the US can be found on the U.S. Department of State's website, https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit.html
A step-by-step outline of U.S. Visa application procedures: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/visa-wizard.html
More information on the Visa process and a glossary of related-terms: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/a-z.html
TECHNICAL PROGRAM AND WORKSHOP PAPER AUTHORS
Authors needing VISA Assistance letters can download them from EDAS
1. Log into EDAS site, and find your paper.
2. Toward the bottom of the page, you will find in the properties column the words "visa letter", and beside it, an image of an envelope outlined in yellow.
3. Click on this envelope, and you will be able to confirm or change your address information reflected in the letter.
4. Then the system will generate the letter for your use.
5. If you have any problems, please click the help tab in the EDAS system.
Authors need to indicate in EDAS that they are "presenters" in order to access the visa assistance letters. If you need a hard copy letter sent to you please complete the form at http://visa.comsoc.org Requests for hard copy letters are subject to a $25USD mailing fee.
1. Register for the conference with payment
2. Request a VISA Assistance letter from registration.
If you need a hard copy letter sent to you please complete the form at http://visa.comsoc.org. Requests for hard copy letters are subject to a $25USD mailing fee.
If you have questions about the process please contact us at http://www.comsoc.org/contact.